Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I Heart Techno: Will it happen?


Gretchen Newman and Meghan Miller
Staff Writers

The big question that is lingering in the New Hope-Solebury High School hallways is “Will the I Heart Techno dance happen this year?” Last year, the I Heart Techno Dance was canceled due to a huge snow storm that occurred. That day--with power going out in school--students knew that there was sadly no chance of having the dance. This year students hope no snow will fall on this occasion. The dance will have to be spectacular and memorable since it will have to make up last year. So hopefully, if all goes well, this dance will happen. 
     Many people say that this is the best dance out of the year. Albert Miller, a sophmore announced: “I cannot wait to dance like an animal.”
     Since this is an event that lasts a whole week, students tend to enjoy the dance a lot more than the others. “I am so excited for my first ever techno dance,” said Rylie Burton, a new junior this year.
     A group of girls were talking about how much fun they had in years past. Sam Curtis said:“As a sophomore I am really excited for this dance because my grade never got to experience before.”
     Mr. Weideman said: “I would love to chaperone and see the students dance and have a fun time.”
     The I Heart Techno dance happens the Friday after Spirit Week. If this does occur then students have to show up sober and dressed appropriate. If you don’t know what Spirit Week is, it is where the school is split up by grades; freshman and seniors team up to take on the sophomores and juniors in a variety of competitions. This week is the most competitive week out of the whole school year with relay races, hallway decorations contests, and dance competitions all happening. After having an eventful week, it ends by gathering with your friends and just having great time.